Table of Contents
1. The Information We Collect
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the Services. Please note that we need certain types of information to provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or if you ask us to delete that information, you may no longer be able to access or use certain Services.
a. Information you provide directly to us
We may collect information that you provide directly to us, such as:
- When you register for, access, or otherwise use our Services;
- When you participate in surveys or fill out forms;
- When you subscribe to newsletters;
- When you transmit user content to us;
- When you request support and/or technical assistance; and
- When you otherwise communicate with us.
The information you provide directly to us may concern you or others and may include, but is not limited to:
- Identifiers and Contact Information. We may collect identifiers and other contact information from you, such as your name, email address, and phone number.
- Financial Information. If you purchase products or services from us, our third-party
payment processors may collect your financial information to pay for those services.
- Professional and Employment Information. We may also collect professional or employment-related information directly from you, such as your job title.
b. Information from affiliates and non – affiliated third parties
We may collect information about you or others through our affiliates or through non – affiliated third parties.
B2B Database: For example, we collect and maintain business data that helps sales and marketing teams maximize their efficiency, performance, and results. We maintain such business data in our B2B Database. Our B2B Database consists of business – related information of individuals, such as job titles, business email addresses, and business mailing addresses. For clarity, we have no interest in and do not collect sensitive personal information, such as social security numbers, health data, or personal financial information.
We obtain our data for our B2B Database from various sources, including:
- Publicly-available information, such as personnel information on business websites and corporate filings;
- Business-related information licensed or acquired from third parties; and
- Information provided to us directly by individuals in our database.
c. Information We Collect Automatically
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but your browser may allow you to modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you disable cookies, you may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Site, because the Site may not function properly. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Location Information. When you use the Services, we may collect general location information (such as general location inferred from an IP address).
2. How We Use Your Information
We use your information for business and commercial purposes, such as:
- To provide our Services, including to register you for access to the Services and to maintain and enhance data available to our customers in our B2B Database;
- To respond to your questions or inquiries, including to provide customer support and troubleshooting assistance;
- To communicate with you, including to send you emails about products and services that may interest you;
- To manage and remember your preferences and personalize the Services;
- To analyze and improve the Services or any other products and services we provide;
- To administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions, or contests;
- To verify your identity;
- To comply with our legal obligations or as permitted by law;
- To protect the safety and/or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, members of the public, and/or our Services;
- To prevent fraud and enforce our legal terms; and
- To administer and troubleshoot the Services.
We may combine information that we collect from you through the Services with information that we obtain from affiliated and nonaffiliated third parties, and information derived from any other products or services we provide.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Services. We may use de – identified or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes and may also share such data with any third parties, including without limitation, advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others.
3. When We Share Your Information
We may share or disclose information in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We may share your information with any DealSignal affiliates.
- Customers. We may make B2B Data available to our customers and others users of the Services.
- Consent/At Your Direction. We may disclose your information to nonaffiliated third parties based on your consent to do so. For example, if you provide us with a review or testimonial about our Services, we may seek and you may provide us with permission to share that review or testimonial publicly or with other third parties.
- Service Providers: We provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. They provide a variety of services to us, including data storage, analytics, billing, marketing, product content and features, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, and legal services.
- Legal Requirements: We may share or disclose certain information if we believe in good faith that doing so is necessary or appropriate to comply with any law enforcement, legal, or regulatory process, such as to respond to a warrant, subpoena, court order, or other applicable laws and regulations.
- Business Transfer: We may share or disclose certain information, in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Aggregate/Anonymous Information: From time to time, we may share aggregate/anonymous information about use of the Services, such as by creating reports on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
4. Online Analytics and Tailored Advertising
We may use third-party web analytics services on the Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the “Information we collect automatically” section above to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to advertising, as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
b. Tailored Advertising
If you are interested in more information about tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored marketing, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Link and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Consumer Opt-Out Link to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertising content even if you opt out of tailored advertising. In that case, the advertising content will just not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms. If your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s websites, accessible by the above links.
5. Children's Privacy
6. How We Protect Your Information
We implement technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect the information provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free.
7. How Long We Retain Your Information
We generally retain information for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes above and in compliance with applicable law. To dispose of any personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for an additional period of time.
8. Your Choices
You have certain rights and choices with respect to your information such as:
- Account Information: You may update or correct certain information in your Account by accessing your Account details or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Removal From B2B Database: You may request that we remove or correct your information in our B2B Database by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Marketing Communications: You can decline promotional communications at the point information is requested or, by following the unsubscribe instructions on communications sent to you. You can also contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
- Cookies & Analytics: You can opt out of certain cookie-related and analytics processing by following the instructions above.
- Your Legal Rights Under Local Law: Your local laws (e.g., laws of the E.U. and California) may permit you to make certain requests, which are outlined in the sections applicable to each jurisdiction below.
9. Legal Rights Under Local Laws
a. European Economic Area and United Kingdom
- Contractual Commitments: We may use, share, or disclose information to honor our contractual commitments to you. For example, to comply with our Terms, which you accept by browsing or otherwise using our Services.
- With Your Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we use, share, or disclose information on the basis of your consent.
- Legit imate Interests: In many cases, we use, share, or disclose information on the ground that it furthers our legitimate business interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals, such as customer service, certain promotional activities, analyzing and improving our business, providing security for our Services, preventing fraud, and managing legal issues.
- Legal Compliance: We need to use, share, and disclose information in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
Laws of the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom permit you request that we:
- provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you;
- prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes; (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling)
- update information which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete certain information that we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information;
- transfer your information to a third-party provider of services; and
- revoke your consent for the processing of your information.
Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include needing to continue processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below. In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.
Our Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to and/or accessed within the United States. The recipients of information described in the relevant “How We Share Information” sections above may be located in the United States. This information may be subject to United States law, including laws that may require disclosure of personal information to government authorities.
Please review our Supplemental Privacy Notice for California Residents.
10. Links to Other Websites and Services
12. How to Contact Us
13. Supplemental Privacy Notice for California Residents
California law requires us to disclose information regarding the categories of personal information that we have collected about California consumers, the categories of sources from which the information was collected, the business or commercial purposes (as those terms are defined by applicable law) for which the information was collected, and the categories of parties with whom we share personal information.
- Identifiers: We may collect identifiers such as your email address, business phone numbers, and business postal address.
- Commercial Information: We may collect commercial information, such as transaction data regarding the transactions you’ve made with or through us.
- Demographic Information: We may collect demographic information, such as your age range.
- Financial or Payment Information: We or our service providers may collect payment or other financial information for the Services.
- Internet or Other Network or Device Activity: We may collect network or device information, such as an IP address, app identifiers, browsing history, or other usage data.
- Location Information: We may collect general location information (such as those inferred from an IP address).
- Sensory Information: We may collect sensory information, such as when you contact customer support and we record such calls after notifying you.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information: We may collect business information, such as your business email, business telephone number, business mailing address, job history, and professional titles.
- Other Information that Identifies or Can Be Reasonably Associated With You: We may also collect other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you, such as when you send us communications.
We collect the categories of personal information identified above from the following sources: (1) directly from you; (2) through your use of the Services; (3) publicly-available information; (4) affiliates; and ( 5 ) third parties such as our partners who assist us with fraud prevention.
We collect the categories of personal information identified above for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Provide the Services, e.g., account servicing, order processing and fulfillment, marketing, analytics, and communication about the Services;
- Customer service;
- Maintaining the Services;
- Auditing consumer interactions on our site;
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Bug detection, error reporting, and activities to maintain the quality or safety of our Services;
- Internal research;
- Improving our existing Services and developing new services;
- Operational purposes, e.g. to enable and troubleshoot our Services;
- Other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests, such as third-party advertising and communicating with you about relevant offers from third-party partners;
- Other uses about which we notify you.
Sale of Personal Information
The CCPA requires businesses that “sell” personal information, as the term “sell” is defined under the CCPA, to provide an opt-out from such sales. DealSignal sells business-related information from our B2B Database to our customers. Data from our B2B Database helps our customers maximize their efficiency, performance, and results. The business-related information may include your name, job title, job history, educational history, business phone number, business postal address, and links to social media profiles.
Depending on how you engage with our Services, we may share the following categories of information in connection with our B2B Database and interest-based advertising: (1) identification and demographics; (2) device information and identifiers, such as IP address and unique advertising identifiers and cookies; (3) connection and usage information, such as browsing history or app usage; (4) location information (such as information inferred from publicly-available information); and/or (5) professional or employment-related information
If you would like to opt out of DealSignal’s use of your information for interest-based advertising, please follow the instructions in Section 4(b) above. If you would like to opt out of DealSignal’s sale of your information in our B2B Database, you may make a request through our CCPA request form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights. California law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any. You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Services.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through our CCPA request form or by emailing us at email@example.com. You will be required to verify your identity before we fulfill your request
You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf. You will still need to verify your identity directly with us.
California Do-Not-Track Disclosure
DealSignal does not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do-Not-Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do-Not-Track standards, implementations and solutions.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents can also request a list of all the third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California’s Shine the Light law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California residents may contact us at 400 Concar Drive, San Mateo, CA 94402 . In the body of your request, you must include: “California Shine the Light Request”, your name, a current California address including, street address, city, state, and zip code, as well as sufficient information for us to determine if the law applies to you. You will need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident. We will not accept requests by telephone, email, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Cookie and Device Identifier Opt Out
Filling out the webform will not opt you out of interest-based advertising using cookies and other device identifiers, which may be a sale.
If you are interested in more information about tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored marketing, you may visit:
- The Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) Consumer Opt – Out Link;
- The Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Consumer Opt – Out Link; and
- Google Ad Settings
In addition, when enabling advertising opt-out tools please understand the following:
- The opt-outs described above are device and browser based. Because the information being shared relates to your device ID and/or browser ID, you will need to opt out on each device and each browser.
- Opt-outs may be stored via cookies. If you clear cookies or if you browser blocks cookies, your opt-out cookie may no longer be available. In this case your opt-out choices can not to be honored.
- We do not maintain or control these opt-out mechanisms and are not responsible for their operation. DealSignal may still use your data to deliver contextual advertising, conduct cross-device tracking to serve you first-party ads directly, or for non-interest based advertising purposes, such as attribution and analytics.